SFTP Gateway 2.0 Usage Instructions CloudFormation Multi
Note: This page applies to SFTP Gateway version 2.x. Visit Here for documentation on version 3.x.
This guide walks you through launching SFTP Gateway with CloudFormation from the AWS Marketplace.
Launch this software | Usage Instructions
On this page, you only have one form field:
Select Launch CloudFormation, and click Launch.
This takes you to the CloudFormation Create Stack wizard, with the template pre-loaded. Click Next.
Configure CloudFormation parameters
On the Specify stack details page, you will need to configure some CloudFormation parameters.
This is the name of your CloudFormation stack.
Enter the name of your S3 bucket. You can use either a new or existing bucket.
Here are some restrictions on naming your S3 bucket:
- Cannot contain uppercase letters
- Can contain lowercase letters, numbers, periods (not recommended), and hyphens
- Must be fewer than 63 characters
This parameter determines whether S3 permissions are broad or restrictive.
- open: SFTP Gateway is granted S3 Full Access. This is helpful if you plan on using a different S3 bucket for each SFTP user. We recommend locking down S3 access after your users are configured.
- restricted: S3 access is limited to the default bucket. This improves your security posture by protecting your other S3 buckets from administrators with shell access to the SFTP Gateway instance.
For testing, use a
t2 class is cheaper, but cannot handle sustained traffic.
For production, use an
m5.large or better.
Disk Volume Size
This is set to 32 GB by default. Set this to a higher value if you plan on transferring large batches of data.
For a single instance stack, you can increase the size of your instance volume later on.
Select a key pair of which you own the private key
EFS is used to sync shared state between multiple EC2 instances. This includes common configuration files, and uploaded files stored temporarily as they wait to be uploaded.
Leave this value as true to encrypt the EFS volume.
By default, the autoscaling group launches two instances -- one in each availability zone.
You can set the number of instances to anywhere between 1 and 4 instances.
VPC IP Range
This CloudFormation template provisions a new VPC, subnets, and other network resources.
Specify a private Class C IP range that doesn't conflict with your existing networks.
Get your current IP address from http://checkip.dyndns.org/.
Then enter this IP address, followed by
/32. For example,
/32 suffix represents a network range of a single address.
Web Admin Password
Enter an admin password. You'll later use this to log into the web interface for user management.