SSH into the VM on port 2222
SFTP Gateway v3.x uses port
2222 for the SSH protocol,
since the Java SFTP service is bound to port
When you connect over SSH, you need to override the default port.
Connect over Port 2222
Use the following command to SSH into the VM:
ssh -i private.key azureuser@<ip-address> -p 2222
azureuser with the Linux admin user you specified when provisioning the VM.
Note: You will be prompted to accept the server host key on first connection. The server host key is cached on your client machine, based the hostname and port.
The default SSH port is
22, so you need to explicitly set port
which is the port OpenSSH listens to.
When using SCP (which uses SSH behind the scenes), you will also need to specify port
scp -P 2222 local-file.tar.gz azureuser@<ip-address>:/home/azureuser/
- Open PuTTY and select SSH as the connection type.
- In the Host Name field, enter
- In the Port field, change
- Expand the SSH section on the left, and click on Auth.
- Click on Browse to browse for the
.ppkkey, and click Open when you have selected it.
- To launch the SSH session, click Open.